Tuesday, April 03, 2012

everyday decorating- easter eggs!

IMG_3904
Who says you need messy dyes and paint to decorate Easter eggs?! Recently I challenged myself to utilize everyday things that I had on hand to decorate a dozen eggs!


IMG_3874
As I have shared in the past, I love using white out pens in a variety of projects! Why not use it on the surface of my eggs. I started by painting the eggs with acrylic paint and then doodled over the top with a white out pen.

IMG_3878



IMG_3848

Believe it or not q-tips are a wonderful supply to use in all sorts of projects. You can dip them in paint and use to add polka dots OR use them to pull paint away from a surface.

IMG_3805
I covered my egg with a light layer of acrylic paint and then used q-tips to mover around the paint and pull paint away from the surface to create a design.

IMG_3851


IMG_3854
Bubble wrap is one of the best ways to create an interesting surface! Simply cover the bubble wrap in paint.

IMG_3855
Roll the egg across the surface.

IMG_3886



IMG_3891
There is nothing better than using simple lettering and handwriting as subject matter in creative projects! Using a sharpie pen I journaled all over the surface of my eggs.

IMG_3895


IMG_3883
In my opinion scribbling is TOTALLY overrated! Use colorful scribbles with permanent marker to cover the surface of eggs.


IMG_3871
A ball point pen goes a long way in my world! I used a two pens from the junk drawer to sketch all over the surface of my eggs.

IMG_3863
IMG_3905
The result- 1 dozen creative eggs!

IMG_3903

***Please note- I always blow out the yolk from my eggs (I don't like hard boiled eggs!!) and typically make a quiche or a frittata. I like that my eggs can last beyond Easter and become more like little pieces of art.


For more of my egg decorating tutorials-

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails