Tuesday, April 03, 2012

everyday decorating- easter eggs!

IMG_3904
Who says you need messy dyes and paint to decorate Easter eggs?! Recently I challenged myself to utilize everyday things that I had on hand to decorate a dozen eggs!


IMG_3874
As I have shared in the past, I love using white out pens in a variety of projects! Why not use it on the surface of my eggs. I started by painting the eggs with acrylic paint and then doodled over the top with a white out pen.

IMG_3878



IMG_3848

Believe it or not q-tips are a wonderful supply to use in all sorts of projects. You can dip them in paint and use to add polka dots OR use them to pull paint away from a surface.

IMG_3805
I covered my egg with a light layer of acrylic paint and then used q-tips to mover around the paint and pull paint away from the surface to create a design.

IMG_3851


IMG_3854
Bubble wrap is one of the best ways to create an interesting surface! Simply cover the bubble wrap in paint.

IMG_3855
Roll the egg across the surface.

IMG_3886



IMG_3891
There is nothing better than using simple lettering and handwriting as subject matter in creative projects! Using a sharpie pen I journaled all over the surface of my eggs.

IMG_3895


IMG_3883
In my opinion scribbling is TOTALLY overrated! Use colorful scribbles with permanent marker to cover the surface of eggs.


IMG_3871
A ball point pen goes a long way in my world! I used a two pens from the junk drawer to sketch all over the surface of my eggs.

IMG_3863
IMG_3905
The result- 1 dozen creative eggs!

IMG_3903

***Please note- I always blow out the yolk from my eggs (I don't like hard boiled eggs!!) and typically make a quiche or a frittata. I like that my eggs can last beyond Easter and become more like little pieces of art.


For more of my egg decorating tutorials-

34 comments:

Shay said...

Darned if those aren't the prettiest Easter eggs I've ever seen.

Unknown said...

I've never seen a prettier Easter eggs than this. You're so creative.

belladonna2.blogspot.com

pljewels.blogspot.com

clara said...

I love them! They are original and very easy to make at the same time! They can also be made with a lot of personal variations! Thanks!
GOOD WORK!
Have a great Easter!

Craftcherry said...

Those look fantastic! They are so different than your average Easter egg. :o)

Janie Husband said...

awesome.......

Connys Cottage said...

Hello,

thats so lovely i like your styl of eggs very match.

greatings send you Conny

Rose Clearfield said...

Inspired ideas as always! I especially love the Q-tips and bubble wrap.

dawn said...

These are so much cooler then the ones in magazines, YOU ROCK!!

I will do this with mine and let the kids stick to the messy dye in a cup ones we do each year.

Great job on using different things for all of them. Love them all but I think the ones with writing on them are my favorite. Now I can't wait to do this!!

Potiron said...

how adorable!!! what do you do with all the eggs you blew out???

eggs here in France are brown, and color just doesn't work well....

but I love what you do with eggs, and the ones from past years as well!!!

happy easter and happy egg hunting for Lucy!!!

Joanne said...

these are great -- another wonderful inspiration -- thanks alisa -- have a great easter with little lucy and your husband :0)

LivesArt said...

Very, very nice!

Roxana said...

so awesome! they look like 90s graffiti eggs! i love them!

Leta said...

how FUN...can't wait to have fun with my grandbabies decorating our eggs using your inspiration. Thank you for sharing..Happy Easter

Stella said...

Who knew egg shell was such a great susbtrate for using ball point pen? Those are definitely my favorites!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

These are the best eggs I have ever seen!!! So creative! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

OK I'm in LOVE with your graffiti eggs Alisa! Way cooler than those 'normal' coloured eggs!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Awesome ideas and so different...thanks for sharing!

Emily Lagore said...

Brilliant! So very pretty. You are one resourceful girl :)

becky said...

I just love your style. These are so cool and unusual.

Teddi said...

i'm awestruck by your ideas dear alisa. you've wowed me, yet again. :)

martinealison said...

Oh!!! de très très jolis oeufs...
Bisous

Shauna said...

Gorgeous and creative!
Take care,
Shauna

S. said...

Truly cool idea!! Your blog is so fun and beautiful! I add it on my blog slinks!!

Julianna B said...

That`s a good thing that exist creative people! You are one of them! Thanks for sharing!

Christi Lynn said...

Oh my heck! I am so impressed with you.

Lisa said...

Just wanted to make sure the items you use to decorate the eggs do not seep through onto the egg "parts" inside?

Madla Loves To Sew said...

Love the feather ones. Great job! Thanks for the inspiration.

Patricia said...

Cute! You're so creative!

Creative Raisins said...

Wow these are amazing, I love all the different ideas

ej butik said...

great inspiration! xx

Anonymous said...

Whether you've got to register or renew your vehicle registration, get new vehicle stickers or get license plates, we are able to have intercourse for you right the spotcash advance
. A convenience fee will apply. nobody has the time to attend and wait within the long lines of the DMV, that's why USA Checks paid is that the right selection for all of your DMV Services.

Anonymous said...

USA Checks paid cashes all kinds of checks, even the onerous ones that a lot of banks and different check cashing firms won'tcar title loans
. USA Checks paid can even money your giant dollar quantity checks. whether or not you would like to money an oversized check or atiny low check, we've got over thirty native convenient locations to serve you. Our team is specially trained and committed to cashing all checks, notwithstanding however massive or however little the check quantity is.

Unknown said...

These procedures can embrace notifying shoppers that a day advance may be a check cashing for you mobile short income tool not designed as an answer for extended term monetary issues and inform customers of the provision of credit subject matter services.

alsabaak said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركات مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
شركة رش مبيدات حشرية بالدمام
افضل شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
شركة رش دفان بالدمام

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails