Sunday, November 14, 2010

stop everything and reorganize

photo-1

Do you ever feel like you can't move forward in life until you stop everything and reorganize your surroundings? This was the point that I reached over the weekend. I just couldn't go another day without catching up on home projects and I talked my husband into a major DIY weekend. What started small, led to numerous trips to Home Depot, repainting walls, moving furniture, replacing light fixtures, building furniture, TOTALLY cleaning out my studio and more.


IMG_2806
The entire living room got re-painted and completely moved around.


IMG_0003


IMG_2492
I splurged on flowers


IMG_4449
and candles.


IMG_0006
Our wall of bookshelves and hundreds of books got organized.


IMG_0071


IMG_2489
Our white wood floors got a fresh coat of paint.


IMG_4444
We replaced the porch light.


BEFORE:

IMG_2734

And the biggest task was cleaning and organizing my studio space. I got rid of the couch and clutter.


AFTER:

IMG_2787
I was in desperate need of OPEN work space.


IMG_0001
We replaced the couch with a big table for work other than painting.


IMG_2795
My husband build me a counter

IMG_2796
where I have FINALLY have space to keep all of my supplies in plain sight.


IMG_2840
This will change my life!


IMG_4448
Though we are exhausted from three days of labor and while there are a few things left to do- we both love DIY projects, working together and having everything clean and organized. Now life can resume :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails