Thursday, September 30, 2010

inside my sketchbook- oregon beachcombing

IMG_3510

Having been raised in a beach town and taught to appreciate the ocean, I've always been smitten with the sea- the smells, the colors, the treasures- there was even a short moment when I thought about giving up my dream of being an artist and wanted to be an oceanographer (until I found out how much math and science I needed!) These days my passion for the ocean is greater than ever. Because I am BEYOND blessed to live in a beach town in So. Cal. and have the ability to travel to my hometown beach in Oregon, I do not take a moment of it for granted. This last week at home in Oregon I used my camera to record my favorite findings, collected things to add to my collection and spent a great deal of time drawing and making notes about my findings in my sketchbook.

Here is a peek inside...


c

IMG_3517

IMG_3512

IMG_3532

IMG_3525

IMG_3521

IMG_3520

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails