Tuesday, September 07, 2010

fish and chips my way

IMG_2731
Though life has been insane these last few months and I have been short on time, I continue make time to cook. I seem to find daily solace and escape in my 1 hour routine of simple cooking each and every night. Recently, I put my own twist on one of my favorites- fish and chips!

IMG_0832
I used tilapia fillets for my fish and chips- it has a nice light flavor, texture and is really versatile and affordable.
But you could really use just about any fish.


IMG_0833
I cracked a few eggs in a bowl (don't worry they are local, organic and salmonella free).


IMG_0835
Next, I prepared my breading with panko crumbs, my favorite herbs, salt and pepper- just like I did in this recipe


IMG_0836
I dipped each tilapia fillet in the egg mixture


IMG_0838
and then in the breading mixture.


IMG_0839
I fried the fillets in just a little bit of olive oil


IMG_0843
for 3-4 minutes on each side.


IMG_0844
I placed the fillets on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.


IMG_0845
Remember my baked french fry recipe from a while back? Well, I used the same recipe but this time I used sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes..YUMMMMM!!


IMG_2727
Last I made a quick spicy tartar sauce from light mayo, relish, lime juice, tabasco, salt and pepper.


IMG_0847
I served everything on top of a bed of spinach that was drizzled in balsamic vinegar.


IMG_2734
Oh so delicious!!


IMG_2739

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails