Friday, August 20, 2010

crispy baked chicken strips

IMG_2581

Oh how I love (and need) comfort food and honestly anything that is crispy and fried seems to bring me delicious comfort- my favorite- chicken strips. I know it sounds terrible but sometimes you just really want something fried! Thanks to creative and healthy cooking I can get my chicken strip fix without the calories or the grease or the salt or the frying!


v
I start by making a flavorful breading.

Breading Ingredients-

Bread crumbs- Panko bread crumbs make THE BEST crispy breading- they are a crispy, VERY crispy Japanese version of bread crumbs.

All purpose seasoning that has dried garlic, onion powder,oregano, sage and parsley

Lots of thyme (because I LOVE it)

A dash of salt

and lots of pepper



IMG_2564

Mix together.


IMG_2566

Next I use a spicy dijon mustard to coat the chicken tenders.


IMG_2568

Coat both sides of boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins with the mustard.


IMG_2570

Coat each side of the tenders in the breading mixture.


IMG_2572


IMG_2574

Place the chicken tenders on a baking sheet.
I coated the sheet with a little olive oil to get the chicken even more crispy when they bake.


IMG_2576

Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the coating starts turn
crispy and brown.


IMG_2586

Serve as an appetizer with dipping sauce,


IMG_2587

or with a salad and potatoes for dinner. And most importantly ENJOY that fact that they were NOT fried!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails