Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bad Review- I Knew This Day Would Come!

So my book is officially out there-on Amazon, in stores, in homes....yikes!! And in this whole process the thing I have been dreading is people "not getting it" and bad reviews. Well is it official...I got my first bad review on Amazon and to my horror they even returned their book (who returns books??!?!) And though I have promised myself not be bothered and in all honesty I am not shattered-as a long time painter I am TOTALLY used to criticism (oh the stories I could tell!!!)... I know not everyone is going to get it but I feel that I have to put it out there for the record...for anyone wondering...Canvas Remix IS an introduction for those who have never worked with canvas and paint- it is also is meant to jump start the imagination, to think outside of the box and start thinking of a canvas painting (or any materials for that matter) being more than just something to hang on the wall....the concept to tear up and deconstruct paintings and turn them into something new is completely unique and I challenge crafters to find inspiration in simple materials and start thinking outside the box and beyond the projects and techniques they find in books.

5 comments:

donna joy said...

so, you got that "one bad one" out of the way-now get ready for all the good reviews that i'm sure you will have! i know i look forward to getting the book myself-and plan to keep it~

Dori Patrick said...

Isn't it funny how some people are so anxious and willing to put those negative thoughts and feelings out into the universe? Ugh. I've purchased many a book that I was not thrilled with, but don't always find the need to announce my "opinion" to the world. Different strokes for different folks, they say. Your book rocks. I got my copy in the mail last week....my mom and I both LOVE it. Lots of wonderful inspiration and I can't wait to try some of the projects! Keep up the good work!

Saucy said...

Shake it off! The return... well, they read it, they photocopied it, they sent it back. Cheapskates.

Anonymous said...

their loss, hun, their loss.

Gail Rhyno said...

OMG...sorry to intrude...but I have to say...ignore it! I'm a self taught 'maker of creative works' (cause I can't think of a good title) and I'm so friggin thankful for books like yours (haven't got my copy yet, only found out about it a week or two ago while browsing i think, interweave press...or one of those sites) that help me learn and help me break out of that fear of doing something wrong...help me ignore rules and get into that whole 'just do what you can imagine' frame of mind. It will be a great addition to my collection and will help this aspiring 'maker of creative works' explore new mediums and her own creative possibilities.

I'm actually on my way today to the hardward store later today, where I bought paint for the kids room on Saturday, 'cause I saw a huge 'bleached cotton canvas' that sells as a drop cloth, and thought it would be perfect to paint on and try to sew...something! All because I saw a glimpse of your book cover.

Anyway...remember, for those whom the book is intended...nothing but appreciation for your willingness to share will be spoken.

I actually will put the book on my list of books I make my husband buy me every year at Christmas. Right now yours is at the top!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails