Monday, July 23, 2018

celebrate 10 years with me!

Ten years ago I walked away from my full time job in marketing at the University of San Diego to pursue my life long dream of working as a full time artist! On July 6th, 2009, I began my "first day on the job" as artist, teacher and blogger. I cannot tell you how excited I was! I had spent so many years working to turn my creative side hustle into a viable business and finally getting to work all day on art projects was surreal. During those first few weeks on my own, I had big dreams but I never could could have imagined how my business (and life) would explode in the best of ways. I never thought I would write books or create over 80 online classes. I never thought my DIY projects would go viral or I would write for magazines. I never thought I would be able to juggle being a mom and running a business. I never thought I would host my retreats. And I never, EVER in a million years thought I would be able to bring my husband home from his engineering job to work along side me. I never thought I would end up supporting our family with my messy, wild, creative business. But here I am thriving (and sometimes surviving) ten years of hard work, hustle, creativity, laughter and tears, opportunities, failures, success, growth, stress, joy, ups and downs and tons of amazing experiences. 

While I am not very good at pausing to celebrate (I tend to just keep moving forward), this one feels really big to me. And even bigger because so many of you out there were a huge part of my journey and your support has contributed to this crazy life that I live! I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing up here every day to read my blog, for buying my books and my classes and products. And most of all for your kindness, creativity and love. I wanted to do something fun to celebrate so all week I have giveaways and freebies for you and I will be sharing some insight and thoughts about running a this business over on my Instagram account.

Today I am kicking things off with some shop updates!

I have some really fun new products in the shop and more coming in the months ahead and we now OFFER INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING WAHHOOOO!!! 

I have also bundled up a bunch of online classes for super savings this week!

And I am giving away a free online class- Watercolor Doodles when you spend $30 or more in the shop!



For details or to register visit the shop HERE 





Visit the shop HERE













38 comments:

Lynette (NZ) said...

Congratulations Alisa - love your classes - love your blog - love your energy - always inspired. Wishing you creative joy in your business for the next 10 and beyond ♥

Maya Kuzman said...

Congratulations Alisa! I've been a follower of yours for so many years and I am truly happy for your success! You are my hope that one day I will quit my day job and dedicate myself to my creative pursuit completely. All my best wishes for an amazing, creative and fruitful future!

Suman Pandit said...

Big Congratulations Alisa !!! 10 years is a big landmark...thanks for inspiring us with your happy creations and colors everyday.....wish you even bigger success !!

HOLLEY DOWNS said...

Congratulations! May you have many more years to share your creativity with all of us!

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

Congratuations!!! you are always an inspiration.

Pat S said...

Alisa, Congrats on the big 10. I didn't know your husband was an engineer.

Giddings Art said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years!! I have had so much fun with you along the way!! Taking one of your classes early on, led me to realize my talent in drawing. I even painted a sofa once! All messy and graffiti covered. I have loved every class I have taken with you and following along when you quit your day job, the birth of your sweet Lucy, your move to Oregon, the growth of your art business and looked on with envy at your retreats. Thanks for the tons of inspiration and sharing yourself with the world.

Nancy said...

Congratulations on dreams coming true, and better than you envisioned. Really enjoy your classes and blog, and admire your work. Well done!

HeatherS said...

Congratulations Alisa on 10 years ! You are inspiring and your blog posts are a joy. I've taken a few of your online courses and they are so fun and rewarding. Thanks for sharing your light!

Kim Nelson Art said...

Thank you, Alisa!
I began following you when you were still working in San Diego, and took some of your initial online classes. I appreciate all that you've done to make art accessible to all. Congratulations on your 10-year anniversary!

Özge Başağaç said...

Congratulations Alisa. I love what you do. Keep creating and happy anniversaries :)

Наталия Балабанчук said...

10 years! Wow! Congrats from Russia!!!! Keep doing your incredible art, I love your blog!

Patzi said...

Congratulations!
Even though I discovered you and your art only recently, I'm in awe!
To another 10 years and counting!

Jenny said...

Beautiful artwork! I am always inspired!

Saltos Altos Vermelhos said...

Congratulations 🎈🍾

Noelia said...

Congrats! 10 years we've been watching your journey too. I've been following you for so many years. And started learning watercolor a few months ago. 2 or 3 weeks ago i sold my 1st ever piece of art ... im over the moon. Someone likes what i did. I want to keep learning to get better ...

NEHA JAIN said...

Congratulations on the journey of your 10 years. It’s a huge amount of time. You have been a big inspiration to me from almost an year. I live in India and a year ago i applied to get an admission in a fine arts college but I didn’t got the admission because there were so many talented people over there and i was almost broken that I failed in getting the admission and suddenly with time i lost interest in painting but then i found your insta page and I followed you and since then I developed a feeling to enhance my talent and work hard on it.so yes, you are a BIG INSPIRATION to me. Thank you so much and keep inspiring people.

Rebecca Pelletier said...

Yay! You are an inspiration in so many ways. ❤

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your ten years. So glad I found you on Instagram. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you!!
Bekki

Ashley Espinosa said...

That’s so great congrats!

Lisa said...

Congratulations to you! I am happy that you pointed me to your blog via your Instagram post. Now it’s double the fun. I love your style and I’m glad I found you on Instagram. I just recently purchased funky florals and it has made me want to purchase more classes when able. I found something in your shop that I’m excited to purchase. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself . I always look forward to your posts on Instagram! L. Walsh

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I love all of the new products!!

Natalia said...

Congratulations! May you have many more successful years.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Double digits is big cause to celebrate and here's to many many more years of art, inspiration and learning! Thank you for what you do and sharing it with us.

Caitlin said...

You are an inspiration! I found you on instagram this past year and you have inspired me to bring creativity back into my life- not as often as I would like, but much more than I have been able to do since becoming a mom. 10 years is huge! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your talent and your drive with the rest of us! ❤️

Celeste Draughn said...

Congratulations!! 10 years is a BIG deal and you have much to celebrate. �� You are an inspiration to me as I aspire to become a full time artist and be able to leave the corporate world. You are proof that this dream can be a reality!!

Kandace said...

Congratulations! I love your spirit and all of the beauty you put into the world.

ellenbrd said...

Congrats! Here’s to the next 10!

Anab said...

CONGRATULATIONS Alisa! and thank you so for the super saver bundles! Yipeee!!!one of my dream is to celebrate like this one day, pricing affordably my future offerings to celebrate creative biz longevity. You're truly an inspiration😊👏🏼❤️

Shemi Dixon said...

Wow I love all your wonderful fabulous new products. Thank you for being such an inspiration to all of us. Congratulations here's to 10 more

Unknown said...

I have loved your classes for forever! Congrats on 10 years of business.

Unknown said...

Thank you for inspiring so many people to be brave and take a leap into the art world. You are a constant source of inspiration to me that is then translated into my work bringing art to children’s hospitals.

Unknown said...

That is amazing! What a great thing!

Dawn Nguyen said...

Congratulations Alisa! Thank you for being such an inspiration!

Quiltmomof6 said...

So excited about your ten years of success! I have been following you most of this journey. It's on my bucket list to attend one of your retreats on the coast. May you always find joy in the process!

Dawn Anderson said...

Congratulations Alise!! You are an amazing and I just love everything you create.

lulu said...

Congrats on 10 years! It has been a pleasure watching you, your business and your family grow!

Unknown said...

Your blog has been an incredible inspiration on my short art journey. Thank you for all your generosity and kindness. I am keen on your floral bundle of $30 for this week but I can't find it to purchase?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails