Tuesday, December 12, 2017

mixed media paper bows



It never fails, when I go to wrap a present, I realize that I don't have ribbon or bows. So over time, I've figured out some simple ways to create bows out of paper!
I have a lot of scrap paper with all kinds of mixed media layers and techniques on that paper. 
A simple bow is really easy to create with thick paper (like watercolor paper or cardstock.

Start with a strip of paper and fold each side into a loop.

Using hot glue, glue each edge down.

Add a smaller strip the the center.
The last step is to add two strips of paper glued to the back of the bow.

You can also create a variation of that simple bow by cutting your paper into a bow tie shape.

Next, fold each edge into the middle to create two loops and glue down.
Add a strip to the middle.


Add tails to the bottom to finish off the bow.


You can also create gift bows by cutting strips of paper- it helps to have those strips of paper the same width. I cut my strips around 3/4". 

I cut 5 strips, leaving 2 of those strips the original length (11 inches) and then I cut off about 1/2" from 2 of the strips and then 3/4" from 1 strip.

Next, twist each strip to form a loop at each end and glue in the center.

Layer the twisted strips on top of each other- the longest at the bottom and smaller at the top. Secure with glue as you layer.

These bows work best with lighter weight paper.


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

These are great! Thanks for the ideas.

Jan said...

your brilliant!!!!!! what a great idea.TFS

Megan said...

Awesome! These look great and are so unique.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails