Thursday, June 11, 2015

driftwood garland

Living at the beach, I am pretty much in love with driftwood. It is an abundant (and free) supply and every summer I put it to good use in my projects. Living at the coast you will see driftwood garlands and mobiles everywhere- they are a really cool way to add a touch of coastal decor both indoors and outdoors and they are also a really fun souvenir. The best part is that driftwood garlands are super easy to make!
I start by gathering driftwood and I will grab a variety of different shapes and sizes.

Next, I drill a hole in each piece of wood.

You can add all kinds of treasures from the beach to the garland (stones, shells, etc) but I like creating large white beads from oven bake clay- they are a really pretty and simple way to embellishment that driftwood.

The last step is to string all that driftwood and beads on a piece of twine.


I like to hang my garlands vertical but they can be hung all kinds of ways.


I love that simple things collected from nature can be transformed into something really beautiful.


Looking for more driftwood inspiration?

  driftwood heart  driftwood flowers  driftwood boats  driftwood mirror  driftwood jewelry stand  altered driftwood  driftwood arrows  driftwood city  driftwood arrows

7 comments:

Creative Khadija said...

How cute!!

moongirl said...

Love the garland!! We live on the east coast of Canada so this should be pretty easy...:)

Unknown said...

If you're an open mind about what will the best, you can to use essayservice.info for you academic needs.

Michelle P said...

Such a great project! I love that you find ways to create with nature! It's one of my favorite things to use with art.

Nuray said...

Hi..I have a lot of driftwood...

studioGypsy said...

lovelovelovelovelove... now if i could just get some driftwood! :D

Unknown said...

I always like to hear something new about this because I have the similar blog in my Country on
Alpha ZXT this subject so this help´s me a lot. I did a search on the matter and found a good number of blogs but nothing like this.Thanks for writing so much in your blog.. Greets, FranIf you are like a lot of people you can simply overlook this. http://www.healthsupreviews.com/is-alpha-zxt-scam-or-legit/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails