Wednesday, April 02, 2014

driftwood flowers

I love that even simple things can easily be transformed, with a little paint and creativity, into something new! Recently I was inspired to create some whimsical wood flowers that I could for pops of color around the house. 

I dug through my driftwood collection (yes I actually have a collection) and picked out some smooth pieces.

  • I painted simple, colorful and whimsical flowers on each piece.

  • Next I drilled a hole in the bottom of the driftwood and using an old dried up paint brush (something I also collect) inserted the brush into the driftwood flower.

  • Last, I painted scraps of 2x2 wood blocks, drilled another hole in the top, added a little dab of wood glue and inserted the paint wood flower.

The result are whimsical little flower sculptures that brighten up any room of the house!



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails