Thursday, January 24, 2013

driftwood arrows


Arrows are all the rage these days and I must say that I'm obsessed! I am also obsessed with driftwood! Since I live across the street from a beach covered in an endless supply of driftwood, I thought it would be fun to create my own whimsical arrows from driftwood.


I selected my driftwood and painted striped of color with acrylic paint.


Once the paint was dry I used a variety of different supplies to add tiny details. 


I made the arrow head from thin metal and then added paper doilies to the other end.


I created a variety of colors and sizes.


Last, I wrapped a wire around each arrow to form a hook and hung them on the wall!




14 comments:

litsje said...

I luv this idea thank you Alisa

Kathrin said...

Beautiful! Looks very native.
I love driftwood too, and stones, and shells, and sand...

Blooming said...

I love the details, beautiful work!

Love,
Breathe Me

Unknown said...

These seem to have a flow or movement to them. I do like what you have created. Thank you for sharing your details.

Unknown said...

i seriously don't understand how you have the time to think and implement your ideas!

Audrey said...

Yep, I know what I'm doing tonight after work! So awesome, and arrows have a special meaning to me, so that makes it twice as cool!

Joanne said...

You are just soo flippin' creative...love these!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this. And I love how you decorate your home with all of your creations.

Anonymous said...

I have to agreed with Faygie's comment. Just wow! You just gave me another idea to make addition to my bohemian displays for art gallery. Thanks Alisa for all of your beautiful work.

Lisa
lisadang.blogspot.com

Preeti Dubey said...

Brilliant idea !!! Thanks for sharing.

Serena Lewis said...

Fabulous!

Unknown said...

What a great idea, you are so creative!!!! I love the colors and especially the markings you did.

Daphne said...

These are just so cool...I love how you create art from nature.

Obat gula darah said...

his info is very good really,,,,,,,,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails