Thursday, November 06, 2014

updates from the studio

I have been crazy busy over here and while this time of year I am typically in the middle of an online class, this time around I decided to clear my schedule and spend more time creating some unique handmade goodies for the shop. While I love teaching, blogging and working on a variety of projects for other people, my #1 love is making things. In the coming weeks and months I will have all kinds of fun stuff hitting my shop and today I wanted to give you a little peak!

As you know I have been sharing posts about my pottery past and my potter parents but I have also been collaborating with my dad! I am super excited and grateful to have such a talented dad to help me out. He has been throwing pots for me- the first batch I requested a tall cup that could be used for drinking or decor or supplies or flowers. 

I have been glazing the cups with all kinds of pretty designs. The process is crazy time consuming because I am putting my heart and soul into each and every one. This batch is ready to be fired in the kiln then they will be hitting the shop and I will make an announcement very soon!

Andy and I have also been busy creating handmade art journals. I have SO MUCH paper from left over from projects and demos and I am always looking for ways to use that paper! Andy has been binding all my paper into some really cool one of a kind art journals and I can't wait to share the entire collection.

And of course I've got a big batch of my canvas pouches coming to the shop very soon!

I love turning my drawings into stamps and I have 5 new rubber stamp sets hitting the shop in the next couple of weeks. I always draw and design things that I would use in my mixed media projects and I am pretty sure all of you are going to like using them too!

As if all these handmade projects aren't enough...I am hard at work filming new online classes that I will announce in the coming weeks and months- I've got some fun stuff planned!

I can't wait to add all these new goodies to the shop- I will be rolling things out in the coming weeks all the way up to the holidays so stay tuned for shop update announcements!

If you are curious about what I am creating or to stay up to date on my projects you can always hop on over to Instagram HERE or sign up for my newsletter (just enter your email into the "subscribe" box in the top right hand column of my blog).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails