Wednesday, November 20, 2013

chalkboard party favors


With the holidays kicking off next week I have been hard at work putting together all kinds of simple and creative projects to share this holiday season! First up, a simple project to add something special to those holiday tables.


This year I thought it would fun to make something that guests could take away with them from Thanksgiving dinner (or any party or event)- a little chalkboard inspired favor with uplifting quotes about gratitude!



Supplies-

Mini canvas
Mini easel- both typically sold at craft stores
Mod Podge
Acrylic paint

  • I started by painting the canvas with black acrylic paint.
  • Next I gathered a variety of quotes about gratitude and used photoshop to create a chalkboard inspired design. If I had time I would have loved to hand letter everything but lets be honest- that is A LOT of work. Using photoshop and my collection of cool fonts was really fast and easy. My favorite source for fonts is myfonts
  • I cut out my design and using Mod Podge I glued it to the canvas. I finished it off with a good coat of Mod Podge over the top. TIP: using your finger on that top coat smooths everything out.
  • The last step was to paint the little easels in a variety of colors.



11 comments:

Unknown said...

tekrar söylüyorum,şahane

dawn said...

LOVE LOVE THESE!!! Great quotes too!

annette said...

Fantastic! I did not comment the other day, but must also mention how much I loved the candle-jars with tissue paper and sharpie. I plan to do these with my kids for a winter tablescape (collecting jars first!). I'm a big fan, Alisa, and am looking forward to your upcoming DIYs. Thank you for sharing your inspiration.

svitlana.blogspot.com said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool project! Here is another one you may like. Grow a Pet TickleMe Plant from seeds and watch how the leaves fold and the branches fall down when you Tickle It! Just search pet TickleMe Plant

Anonymous said...

Best of all they now have TickleMe Plant Party Favors

Jescalyn Vazquez said...

You should sell the digital files in your store!! I would kill to have these on my first Thanksgiving table!

Liz said...

These are just beautiful!! We all need these reminders daily. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your precious family!!

halohill.blogspot.com said...

These are awesome, Alisa! Thank you for all of your great ideas and posts. :)

Sheila

jperse@cox.net said...

What a fantastic idea!!!!! Jan

Anonymous said...

Would you consider selling the files you created? I would love to purchase them for a luncheon I am having. Many thanks! amandaleewright@hotmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails