Wednesday, November 20, 2013

chalkboard party favors


With the holidays kicking off next week I have been hard at work putting together all kinds of simple and creative projects to share this holiday season! First up, a simple project to add something special to those holiday tables.


This year I thought it would fun to make something that guests could take away with them from Thanksgiving dinner (or any party or event)- a little chalkboard inspired favor with uplifting quotes about gratitude!



Supplies-

Mini canvas
Mini easel- both typically sold at craft stores
Mod Podge
Acrylic paint

  • I started by painting the canvas with black acrylic paint.
  • Next I gathered a variety of quotes about gratitude and used photoshop to create a chalkboard inspired design. If I had time I would have loved to hand letter everything but lets be honest- that is A LOT of work. Using photoshop and my collection of cool fonts was really fast and easy. My favorite source for fonts is myfonts
  • I cut out my design and using Mod Podge I glued it to the canvas. I finished it off with a good coat of Mod Podge over the top. TIP: using your finger on that top coat smooths everything out.
  • The last step was to paint the little easels in a variety of colors.



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails