Wednesday, November 27, 2013

feel good

The internet isn't always the most uplifting place to spend your time but once in while there are things that I stumble upon that truly bring a smile to my face and make me feel good. Here are a few of my favorites.

I have a little obsession with flash mob videos- specifically symphony flash mob videos! I've watched this video of the Copenhagen Philharmonic play Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt on a crowded train hundreds of times. It so perfectly captures the way that music or art is supposed to feel- like a magic!



This video has been making its way around the internet and when I stumbled upon it, I was incredibly inspired by photographer Richard Renaldi's series or portraits called "Touching Strangers". Such a beautiful reminder that maybe we are all not strangers in this world.




Lately Lucy has been obsessed with ballet videos and one of our favorites is this spotlight video with Misty Copeland from the Anaheim Ballet. While I am not a ballerina, Misty's description of ballet and its purity really hits home.

22 comments:

Peaceful/Paisible said...

beautiful, you know that one ?
http://123-videos.fr/meilleure-piece-jamais-depensee/

Dulrich said...

I love the video about the photography. It touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. It shows the importance of stopping and being connected to people, strangers included. Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Amy

Dara Lynn said...

Simply....thank you!

Brooke said...

I actually cried watching the symphony on the train and then i watch the video that Peaceful/Paisible suggested and cried some more. It's SO beautiful. Thank you for sharing something that brings happy tears.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your lovely family!
Brooke

Margaret said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful videos!

Unknown said...

So moving. Thank you.

astr!d said...

wow!!! i loved all three of these!! the first one with the symphony- i was instantly reminded of the old bugs bunny cartoons! they ALWAYS played that piece!!!

AngieR said...

Thank you for sharing these on your blog. All very heart-warming and inspirational!

Barbara said...

Thank you so much for sharing these! Beautiful.

Marie T. said...

Alisa--those were beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. Each one toufhed my soul and made the day more beautiful.

Jo Murray said...

thanks so much...for making my day.

Beth H said...

Those were fantastic and reminded me of all the good and wonderful things that people can be and do! I never would have guessed that Misty Copeland is only 5' 2", her legs are so LONG! Thanks Alisa!

Sandi Keene said...

So enjoyed these. Thank you!

Jolene said...

Alisa,
The Anaheim Ballet is literally right out our back door! :)

JoleneMarie
www.RexRoadStudios.com

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

you are PRECIOUS and i love that Lucy likes ballet, that is also PRECIOUS. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you, GIVER! XOXO

studioGypsy said...

lovelovelove! thankyou.xoxo

lekyvijay said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrAAD9qGkbE&list=FLRiSCKEoZZbwfWmI6A8jDpg

watch this alisa

Jane Wetzel said...

Happy Thanksgiving...I read your blog every day...this was a gift :)

Barb said...

Thank you for sharing these amazing videos. They are special all of the time but, even more so during the holidays. They make me feel good.
Barb
NC

artful embellishments said...

Alisa, those videos were amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.

halohill.blogspot.com said...

Ah, so lovely! Thank you Alisa!

Sheila

Jamie said...

thank you for the shares. these were each touching in their own way...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails