Tuesday, March 26, 2013

homemade bird nest

A homemade bird nest is the perfect accessory for spring decorating or even Easter entertaining and I've come up with a very easy tutorial. All you need are a few simple supplies-

Brown paper napkins
Glue gun
Twigs, branches and moss
Cereal bowl

I started by twisting brown paper napkins and wrapping them around a bowl (this bowl will serve as a form for the nest). Using hot glue I attached the napkins to each other (do not glue to the bowl)by stacking and gluing as I went until I formed a nest.


I collected twigs and moss and glue them to the surface of the napkin nest.


Next, I used watercolors to add some shading and contrast the the napkins.

I will be using my nest as a centerpiece for the table so I found a long branch that I painted white and then tucked my nest into the branch.

Last, I filled the nest with pretty blue painted stones.



The result is a pretty little nest perfect for spring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails