Monday, September 13, 2010

bedridden

montage

The last few days have been spent around the clock in bed...no I am not sick, I have been finishing up the first draft of writing for my book. And for some very strange reason I cannot get work done unless I am laying in bed. I have tried working in our office space, on the kitchen table, in my studio, the living room couch but nothing keeps me focussed or gets my brain in the writing mode more than laying under the covers in bed- I know- strange! I finally decided to just embrace it and have incorporated time spent in bed into my routine over the last few weeks of writing. Wrapped in quilts, surrounded by pillows and cozy under the covers, I have made my way through the time consuming task of writing. This morning (while laying in bed of course) I sent my finished first draft off to my editor. Now it really is time for an nap!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails