Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beach Towel Tote Tutorial

2IMG_7264
I've got another beach towel project for you! When I purchased that fabulous zebra beach towel (for cheap) to transform into hand towels, I also bought a few more to create with! I knew that I wanted to come up with some colorful and fun tote bags for the beach and pool this summer!


IMG_7231
Thanks to Target these towels were $2.50 and I selected a few different bright colors and patterns.


IMG_7233
I started by cutting wide strips of towels.
fyi- cutting up towels can me messy! Don't wear your favorite block yoga pants unless you are ok with getting tons of towel fibers all over them!


IMG_7236
I picked blues and greens to pair together and laid them out in the size that I wanted- a front and back for the tote- roughly 11" X 20".


IMG_7237
I sewed the strips together.


IMG_7241

IMG_7242
I used an extra piece of towel for the lining


IMG_7244
and for the strips that were sewn into handles.


IMG_7246
I sewed the handles on and then sewed the sides and bottom together


IMG_7248
The result is a SUPER cute and TOTALLY functional beach bag!


IMG_7249

IMG_7257

IMG_7267
Since I can never make just one of anything I made another bag but for this one I used squares sewn together!


IMG_7260

IMG_7268

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails