Monday, May 17, 2010

Beach Towel to Hand Towel Tutorial

IMG_6101

Summer is almost here and that means lots of fun beach towels in the stores for CHEAP! I found a great zebra print towel that I knew would be great to cut up and make new hand towels for our bathroom. We have a white bathroom with black accents and the zebra print (once again as a small accent) goes great! I love hand towels- in my opinion, you can never have too many- they are the perfect way to add a little color, accent or pop to kitchen or bathroom!



IMG_6066

I started by cutting out my hand towel- I used another hand towel as my pattern.


IMG_6069

I then cut strips of my own hand dyed fabric to add to the edges of the towel.



IMG_6072

I sewed the strips to all of the edges with a zig zag stitch.


IMG_6073

I cut a circle from the fabric and sewed it down to the surface of the towel with a free motion flower pattern.


IMG_6074



IMG_6076



IMG_6078

I am THRilled with the result and will be making a few more hand towels plus wash cloths with the extra bits and pieces!


IMG_6091



IMG_6092

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails