Saturday, May 08, 2010

chunky zebra ring tutorial


I am not sure when or why I decided that I needed a chunky zebra ring (maybe when I was lounging on the couch with one of our zebra print pillows?) I love animal print accents- in moderation- and had the idea that a zebra ring would make a great little accessory! And the perfect material to use is my new favorite supply to play with- SHRINK PLASTIC!


I started by drawing a zebra design (with permanent marker) on a cream colored opaque sheet of shrink plastic.



I then cut out a strip of the plastic measuring roughly 1.5" x 8.5"- keeping in mind that it will shrink to half the size.


I placed it in the oven and for about 30 second and let it shrink.



While the plastic was still soft (which doesn't last for long) I used a perfume bottle that was the same size as my finger to wrap and form the ring. If I were a jeweler I would have the appropriate supplies like a ring stick or something to size rings but instead I used what I had on hand :)




I was so happy with the result that I made a couple more!





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails