Monday, June 02, 2014

paper flower letters


Every time I am at our local craft store, I pass by the section with cardboard letter and I always try to come up with a unique way to put them to use. Finally, it hit me- decorate the letters with hand drawn paper flowers!

I started by drawing lots and lots of flowers in different sizes. Yes, it would be much easier to make photo copies but I like the idea of flowers drawn by hand, with love.

I painted some of the flower and left others in black and white.

Next, I painted the cardboard letters white.

Then I glued the paper flowers to the surface of the letters. I played around with different placement and what I came up with was clustering flowers around the letters instead of covering the entire surface.

The result is pretty letters that can spell your favorite words and hung on wall to add a touch of spring!

13 comments:

Elle (@heyjayel) said...

Amazing! Totally nailed the Spring vibe!

Unknown said...

Very nice!

dawn said...

PRETTY!!! I love your flowers!

Sara said...

Joy, one of my favorite words. It looks beautiful with your lovely flowers and your sweet daughter. I may have to give this a try.

Lexy said...

You always come up with the cleverest ideas. This one is absolutely charming.

Sandi Keene said...

This is very clever and charming. My favorite part is that you left some flowers black and white. What a great touch.

Stephanie said...

What is more cute? Lucy and her guitar or the flowered letters?? Great idea.

Unknown said...

Your creativity is amazing!!!!!

Melissa @ Sweet As Texas Honey said...

Fabulous as always!

Charlotte said...

What a wonderful idea!!!! Good job!!!

Vivyane Veka said...

Beautiful result !!!

Anonymous said...

That's so lovely and beautiful! You have been an inspiration to me. I've been running into trouble with watercolors, it would bead up into droplets on the mixing palette. Any advice?
~ Emma

Unknown said...

Check All health tips and best Fitness Tips and best Health Articles
Then Visit here
Check Health Tips And Best health Articles
Women health
Healthy Foods
Women health
Healthy Foods
Women health
Healthy Foods

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails