Tuesday, May 22, 2012

InstaLOVE

Picture 5
I am addicted to Instragram! If you haven't heard of it yet- its time you did! Its a free photo sharing program that allows users to take a photo, apply a filter and then share it- its kind of like a visual twitter but instead of words you use images! For those of us who ALWAYS have our phones handy- it is a quick and fun way to get creative with photography.


Picture 3
Its great for social networking and a fabulous tool for connecting with others but I have been enjoying using it as a way to document my everyday moments- I use it to take photos of Lucy and simple things throughout the week. Over time I've compiled this amazing little "visual history" of our life.


Picture 4
I discovered there are a number of resources out there to print the photos from your account. I used Prinstragram- a great site with lots of neat options for printing photos. The prints are 8.5 cm x 5.5 cm and just about as cute as can be!


Picture 6
Recently I ordered prints of all the Lucy photos from my Instagram account and when they arrived I spread them out on the table. Maybe it was my "new mama hormones" but seeing all of these tiny (literally) little moments spread out before me got me emotional and took my breath away! I never could have imagined a silly little phone application could inspire and capture my journey in the last 7 months so perfectly.


IMG_4797
Of course I have some creative ideas of how I will be using all my photos but in the meantime you can find me completely addicted and LOVING Instagram!

you can find me on Instragram @alisakburke

21 comments:

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Nice :)
I will be following you there soon :)

Serena said...

wonderful!

Sketch of Senses said...

I´m also in love w/ instagram! I only found instagram a few days or weeks ( and yes I´m already following you @sketchofsenses ). I also made 2 posts about instagram! It´s SO COOL! I love it! And your idea ,as always, is great! Thks!

Bilgen said...

wonderful like always! I am the one of your fans from Turkey! love from istanbul!

PeovidenceMine said...

Your family photos are absolutely spectacular! Your blog has always given me great joy! Thanks!

tropicslady said...

I will have to check out instagram! You may also like Project 365. You take a picture everyday and you can load the picture into the Project 365 app which is actually a calendar. You can look back at the months and see what inspired you on a particular day, or what you were doing, etc. It's pretty cool too!

designchic said...

I haven't gotten on board yet, but love these images. The last one is wonderful...precious!!

Bonita Rose said...

great photo printing source, thks Alisa! Love it!

PITA said...

Too cute :)

x
Pita
Midafternoonlush

kristin maynes said...

Those are so stinkin' cute! My girls would love them. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Kaili Williams said...

I'm fairly new to instagram but I am hooked as well!
I've bookmarked that print website - what a great service! I've also started following you, I am @clockworkgh0st :)

Janet said...

Hi! I've recently taken to taking pics with Instagram too. The one thing is, sometimes I like more than one filter and haven't figured out yet how to apply more than one, instead of taking another picture. Your pics are great - and I'd like to get some of mine printed too. Thanks for sharing.

Emily Lagore said...

Oh Alisa you ALWAYS inspire!! Thank you for such a lively refreshing unique genuine blog- it is such a pleasure to be one of your followers :)

OskandOly said...

Have you seen Printsgram.com. I am also an instagram addict and have used this site a couple of times to make large posters of all my photos. It is free to create the PDF you just pay when you take it to the printers to print off in poster size for you. It is so easy and looks great. Love your blog by the way. xx Pen xx

She Who Doodles said...

i wish i had a cell phone when my kids were little. so many special moments lost because you had to run and get the camera. you have to be so quick with little ones. enjoy. i guess i need to check out instragram.

funkycrafter said...

Lucy M is so cute and so photogenic. i don't need a fancy phone, but do take pics with my ipod touch and ipad. have been meaning to get this app. must head over and do it now. hope your move goes well. wish i coud get to a workshop. not possible now but, hopefully, later. love the area of oregon you are moving to.

AshleyRae said...

hi! I love your blog and Instagram! I just started following you, but it only shows one picture for @alisaburke, not all the other awesome ones. (btw its a guy, on the floor with headphones reading a book with an awesome Buddha head statue in the background). Hopefully it syncs up soon for me! i'm at @ardesigner_21 if you want to follow me too.

se7en said...

Love the printable tip!!! Totally love instagram too - it is like a mini-blog!!! If I can't post a blog at least I know we took a photograph!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I'm obsessed with Instagram. I am so excited that you told us about Prinstagram. I just ordered lots of gifts. Thanks for sharing. Going to follow your photos now.

April Duda said...

Blurb (book printing site) will connect to your Instagram account and pring you a great square book with all of your images! I plan to get one printed every January so I have one to document each year. LOVE Instagram! :)

Mindy said...

how incredibly sweet! thanks for the resource... i love those tiny treasures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails