Friday, May 04, 2012

fashion friday - funky nails

a
IMG_4507 copy
I'm not much a "get your nails done" type of gal- probably because I work so much with my hands- but once in a while I like to try a fun color of polish at home. But with my creative life and a baby around I never seem to have time because I have to factor in drying. If and when I do paint my nails they always get ruined before they are dry. So I thought I would give the nail polish strips a try and WOW do they work! And the best part is that they come in all sorts of fun colors and patterns- perfect for a little bit of self expression!

1
They basically look like peel off stickers in the shape of a nail but longer.

Untitled-1
You just stick them to your nail, file and then pull away the excess length. I decided to alternate a metallic grey with a neat black and white pattern- who says all of your nails have to be the same?! I doubted their sticking strength but somehow they adhere like polish and they don't come off unless you use remover! Mine have been lasting for weeks at a time (unless I ruin them with paint). Its a great alternative painting your nails and a fun way to get funky with your nails!

IMG_4509
IMG_4524 copy
IMG_4520

17 comments:

verobirdie said...

Love, love the idea

Joanne said...

I love the idea also -- thanks again alisa for a great idea :0)

Mellsy said...

I love these too. My 5year old daughter and I are big fans of them because we both lack the attention span to wait for anything to dry. Plus you can put them on anywhere. We've even done it sitting in a cafe waiting for lunch!

Valerie Brown said...

How fun is that! I also work with my hands, so never paint my nails anymore - but this might be the solution!

Hannah said...

my sister and I have used those too, and we loved them!!! nail polish doesn't usually last longer than a day without wearing halfway off on me, but these lasted me a week!

bits of moxy said...

Love this review. I am the same way with (wet) polish. You now have given me hope that I might have manicured fingers for special occasions that won't have gnarly imperfections. Thanks so much!

waltraut said...

This looks great. I love painted nails but the varnish never lasts longer than a day. This would be the solution. Have to wait till it comes to switzerland.
I love your blog and your inspiring tutorials.

Rose Clearfield said...

How fun! I will have to give them a try sometime.

Jenny said...

You're the second person I've heard say these hold up well. I had doubts, but now I'm going to have to try them.

Christina said...

Okay, I think I NEED some. *opens Amazon.com in a new tab.* ; )

liniecat said...

I have seen them but didnt realsie theyd be so cool!
what fun!

Dusty said...

Fun!

As is this use of Japanese chiyogami paper:
www.thepaperplace.ca/wp/2012/04/26/chi-chi-chi-chiyogami-nails/

Kristal said...

I just found your blog and I have to say that I am in love! You are one crazy-talented lady and are truly amazing. I am leaving inspired to create!

Lynne said...

Ooohh hhooooooo! Hhahahahhahha! I'm SO embarrassed to tell you - the graphic designed one, when I popped over to your blog I thought, blimey, she is SO clever to paint those designs on her nails. Yes, I blush to say it, but I thought nail designs were PAINTED ON in tiny detail. There now.

Well now I know better, and no one but you and me and several thousand of your followers need know about my naivity.

Alisa, have loved your worked for a long time and bought your book some weeks ago. As Kristal say, above, you are one very talented lady. More power to your elbow! Lynne.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm glad you did this. I've been wondering if these REALLY work. I'm out in the garden, I'm sewing, I'm being a momma so my nails look...sheesh. Well, needless to say, I'm gong to give these a try. Woohoo!

MyBlueDog said...

Thanks for taking the time to share this. I was curious when I saw them in the store. Will try them now for sure.

Deb Prewitt said...

I haven't tried these before, but they look easy and so much fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails