Tuesday, July 10, 2018

scribble journal

I don't know about you guys but I love to scribble! There is something really freeing about dropping pressure, expectations and the need for art to look like art. Scribbling is also a great way to express yourself and release emotion. Lately I've been keeping a journal just for scribbles- a place to simply mess around for five minutes a day. Here is a peek inside my scribble journal and a handful of ideas to get you started scribbling.
Hold you pen in the opposite hand.
Layer different materials.
Close your eyes and scribble.
Focus on an emotion, memory or experience while you scribble.
Fill all that space.
Hold more than one pen in your hand.
Try using different materials and supplies.
Try using a different speed, pressure for those scribbles.
Scribble in one direction.
Blast your favorite music while scribbling.
Limit your time to 5-10 minutes. 




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am inspired! Thank you for sharing.

Barb said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Barb
NC

e2matrix said...

thanks for sharing this information.its very useful for me.

Sophie said...

Hi Alisa,

I first saw this post on Instagram and really loved the idea. Now that I'm seeing it again while perusing my blog feeds, I just wanted to tell you that I think it's a great idea for anyone dealing with anxiety. I know that when I'm having a panic attack, scribbling wildly helps me to exteriorize that feeling. I will definitely start a scribble journal for the next time I need to let go.

I was curious though, if you made the journal or used a store-bought one?

Thanks for your amazing work and providing so many tips, techniques, ideas, etc.
Sophie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails