Monday, June 18, 2018

statement jean jacket


A jean jacket has always been one of my wardrobe staples but lately I am loving the trend of statement jean jackets! I mean who doesn't love a unique, colorful and creative jacket?! So I decided to put my own twist on this trend.
So I started by purchasing a jean jacket- I found one at a local store for around $20 and I went for an oversized jacket, another trend that I am loving right now!

I started by drawing out my design. 

My goal at this stage was to get the basic outline of my design.

And then I started painting! In my experience acrylic paint works just as well as fabric paint but I always hand wash any wearables that I paint. 


After the color began to dry, I went back in and with lots of details and line work.

I kept adding color and details until the entire space was filled.

I love mashing up different patterns so I added a geometric pattern to the top of the jacket.

The result is a super colorful and creative jacket!

Business in the front...
party in the back!





5 comments:

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

This is gorgeous, Alisa and and eye-catcher for sure!

Robbie said...

COOL!!!

Gumbo Lily said...

Very cool jacket!

FEFA said...

Amazing !

ctnbee said...

This jacket looks amazing!
ctnbee.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails