Wednesday, January 27, 2016

clay valentines

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and this time of year I love finding unique ways to create all things hearts! A fun alternative to making paper valentines is actually using oven bake clay.

I started by sculpting little hearts out of polymer clay.

I used tooth picks to create arrows for my hearts so I pushed the tooth pick through each heart.

Next, I baked the clay hearts (according to the directions on the package).

Once the hearts cooled, I use permanent pens to doodle all over them! 
  
And last, I transformed those tooth picks into arrows by adding some paper details.

There you have it! Cute hearts that make a great little Valentine's Day gift!



14 comments:

Jane said...

What a great idea they look fantastic x

Nath592015 said...

Pretty heart!

Judys Lace Creations said...

How clever!Love these.

gretchen said...

wonderful! think i'll make a couple for my kids - thanks for the great idea!

Donna B said...

OMG I am loving these :) I have all of the supplies to make some for my loves. Thank you.

Gloria King said...

These are awesome. I double love them thank you.

Nancy said...

Do you ever use air-dry or paper clay? Do the sharpies work with those types of clay?

Nancy said...

Do you ever use air-dry or paper clay? Do the sharpies work with those types of clay?

Patricia said...

Love it so much.

studioGypsy said...

so adorable! xoxo

Sahil said...

So loving and cute. Handmade items are always best.
Valentines Day

frau kunst said...

Wow, what a nice idea! I Work in a Kindergarten and I think the Kids will make this too! Thanks a Lot for your great and creative ideas! I love your site and how You "educate" your daughter in her creative language! You live in a gorgeous place!
Many creative greetings from germany! Frau Kunst
atelier8vier.blogspot.com

B. Arjun said...

Amazing gift vouchers to express your LOVE on Valentine’s Day http://www.ziddu.com/

Anonymous said...

I find air dry and paper clays have texture, making it harder to doodle. Maybe gesso first?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails