Wednesday, July 08, 2015

boho jeans

Recently I was cleaning out my closet and came across a pair of flair jeans that I forget I had! Since I love a pattern on just about anything, I thought it would be transform them with painted pattern into a pair of boho jeans.

I purchased the flair jeans from Target a couple of years ago and I thought they would be perfect for this project because they have a bell bottom vibe. 

There are all kinds of materials you could use for this project- a bleach pen, fabric paint, fabric markers but I decided to use 3-D paint (otherwise known as puff paint). My regular readers will know that I LOVE puff paint- it is affordable, versatile and perfect to use on fabric projects.
I almost always freehand my pattern but you could start by lightly sketching out your design. I began drawing designs with my paint.

If you squeeze the bottle, your design will end up with a raised (or puffy) design. For this project I did not want my pattern to be puffy. Instead I wanted things to be a little more subtle so I used this little trick that I call "puff paint printing".

I folded the other leg over, used my brayer to press everything down and then pulled it away. You are left with light/not puffy design.

I used this technique all over until both legs were covered in pattern. The result is a super funky makeover for an old pair of jeans.


27 comments:

Nalin said...

These turned out awesome! I love puff paint for fabric art too. Such a great way to upcycle and give new life to an old pair of jeans :]

Unknown said...

These are amazing! I love them. What a fantastic idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

Totally awesome, such a cool way to up-cycle old jeans...genious! :) :)

Suman Pandit said...

looks awesome !! You have styled the outfit so beautifully !!

muriel said...

Great result! And very clever technique. A fantastic way to give a unique look to your jeans. Thanks for sharing.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Once again, an incredible art transformation and you are totally rocking the look.

Moois van mie said...

OMG !! I really really really love this !

Kob Koon Kaa said...

They are so cool....I want to make some too but am sure that I can not draw as beautiful as you...but not have a go....

Bonita Rose said...

beautiful.... they look amazing on you!

Bonita Rose said...

beautiful.... they look amazing on you!

Bonita Rose said...

beautiful.... they look amazing on you!

britt said...

crazy fun!

Anonymous said...

You are so clever, each project is a surprise!

Home sweet home said...

Awesome, love your work.

Merethe

Elisabetta Brustio said...

WoW bellissimi!!!!

Unknown said...

These are amazing! ♥

Unknown said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Alisa, you're my style icon. Love it. = )

Anonymous said...

BRILLIANT!!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Fantastic technique! Thanks for sharing!

studioGypsy said...

awe.some.!!!!

Krista said...

Oooh I love these!!

Madeleine said...

Such an awesome idea !!

susan w said...

Haircut is very cute as are the jeans. I have a camp shirt , also turquoise! that has black Copic fine point pen marks - accidental. I may do this to reclaim it.

PTYSIA said...

Amazing! such an awesome idea! :)
Have a good day!

theartofsensing said...

Wauw! I love those jeans!!!! :-)

Quiltgirl said...

I Love to Zentangle, I may just try this on an old pair of my jeans. VERY Good Job! You are talented!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails