Friday, March 13, 2015

thoughts on turning 40

Tomorrow I turn forty and to be honest it doesn't feel real at all. Forty has always seems so far away, so grown up...so old! Yet here I am saying farewell to my thirties. And while it feels big, I have decided to embrace it and welcome a midlife with open arms. I have no idea what the future will bring but the last ten years have been full of growth and SO MANY lessons learned. Here is what I know...

Age is just a number- I still feel 29. 
Having a three year old at forty will keep you young (tired but young).
Pursing your passion every day is good for the soul.
A good night sleep and drinking lots of water is better than botox.
Life is too short (and too precious) for drama.
Life it too short to have toxic people in your life.
Family is everything.
It's ok not to fit in.
Confidence comes from being yourself.
I am WAY stronger than I ever knew.
There is nothing wrong with boundaries.
It's ok to have fair skin and freckles and all those people that made fun of me for my pale skin can kick rocks!
It's a waste of time to compare yourself to others.
It's ok to ask for the things you need.
My parents were right about everything.
I know what I want and I won't settle for anything less!

Cheers to forty years!



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails