Wednesday, November 13, 2013

stenciled fabric


I've got another simple and fun projects for Brother and their new Scan N Cut machine!


I love making my own fabric that I can use in my mixed media sewing projects and while there are all kinds of ways to create colorful fabric, my favorite is using one of a kind stencils to create pattern.  



I used my Brother Scan and Cut to create some fun stencils! To begin I created a stencil with triangles.

I used the preloaded triangle shape and repeated it to create a simple geometric pattern.

I used thick paper and cut out the stencil.


Next, I used my Tulip Paint Cannon (non- aerosol spray paint) loaded with fabric dye to repeat my triangle stencil across the surface of my fabric!


I wanted to get a little more detailed with my stencils so I scanned one of my flower doodles into my Brother Scan N Cut and then cut out the design from thick card stock.

I used a mister loaded with fabric dye and repeated my stencil across the surface of my fabric.





Disclaimer: I am a paid consultant for Brother International Corporation and have received a ScanNCut from Brother to evaluate. However, the opinions expressed are entirely my own and based on my use of the product.

Please note that I am VERY picky about the the things I share on my blog. I only work with companies and products that I actually use in my own art and craft projects :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails