Wednesday, October 02, 2013

paper flowers mobile







Remember back in August I shared that I have been working with Brother and their new Scan N Cut machine? Well I am excited to share the first of five super fun projects that I created with the Scan N Cut!



 Mobiles are a wonderful and creative accessory use in the home (not just kids rooms). And there are so many different ways to tackle making a mobile- my favorite is to use colorful paper in different shapes to create a dynamic accent piece for any room!



I started by gathering a variety of hand painted paper and solid colorful paper. I then used my Brother Scan and Cut to cut out a variety of different shapes. Some of the shapes were flower doodles that scanned into the machine and others were simple shapes that were preloaded in the machine.

Next I sewed strands of the shapes together.


 The last step was to attach all of the strands of triangles to a wooden embroidery hoop that I wrapped in fabric. I use a dab of hot glue on the inside of the hoop and attached each strand.


Here are a few things that you need to know about the Scan N Cut:

 * It's a cutting and scanning machine

* It has a draw function that uses markers to draw out designs or seam allowances

* It cuts fabric, paper, thin sheets of metal, vinyl, template plastic, etc. 

*More than 600 built-in designs.

*300 dpi scanner- can be used to scan just about anything

*You can manipulate the dimensions of the built-in designs and your scanned in images.


Disclaimer: I am a paid consultant for Brother International Corporation and have received a ScanNCut from Brother to evaluate. However, the opinions expressed are entirely my own and based on my use of the product.

Please note that I am VERY picky about the the things I share on my blog. I only work with companies and products that I actually use in my own art and craft projects :)


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails