Wednesday, October 30, 2013

fabric patches




I've got another simple and fun projects for Brother and their new Scan N Cut machine!

As a mom of an active (and messy toddler) I know how much wear and tear kids clothing can get! That is why I love to spruce up my daughter clothing with simple and colorful patches! Everything from stains to holes can be covered with a patch.

The fun part about the Scan N Cut is that you are able to cut fabric which means creating simple shapes for patches and any sewing project just got really easy! 

 I started by cutting out a variety of shapes from colorful scraps of handmade and store bought fabric.




Next I layered my shapes on top of canvas (for more stability).
Then using my sewing machine I added stitched details to my shapes.


The result are a variety of fun little fabric patches ready to be sewn to clothing!



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails