Thursday, July 25, 2013

DIY hose stand

My mom has the most beautiful gardens and recently she came up a wonderful idea for a decorative stand for her garden hose. She sketched out her idea and my dad got to work making it! I love the finished project so much that I asked if she would share a little peek inside the process.


rust proof hose hanger from Yard Butler
The idea was to create a decorative post with a shelf for hose attachments and a large hook/hanger for the hose. Everything would be painted in a bright color that would compliment the house and the garden.

My dad recycled some wood and a finial from an old fence and topped a pressure treated post with the decorative topper. 

He added the shelf and hanger and painted everything red.

Last, he filled a hole with concrete and mounted the post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails