Monday, July 26, 2010

Long Beach Quilt Festival- a few highlights

hands
While I have officially "hit the wall" after a busy weekend teaching, socializing and commuting back and forth to Long Beach- as usual it was a blast and I have returned with way too many photos!! I thought I would share a handful of the highlights- just to give you a little taste of what a quilt festival looks like through my eyes.


IMG_0428
me and my brother

My entourage joined me on Saturday (entourage= my husband and brother). They followed me around with a camera, provided great entertainment in the car and got a little peak into my world. It was amusing watching them browse quilts and talk to quilters :)


IMG_1685
One of my favorite quilts- Rooted Series VII: Aquifer by Kristen La Famme.


IMG_1659
Pokey Bolton demoing magic foam at the Quilting Arts booth.


IMG_1700
I STILL get excited when I see my book somewhere.


jane
IMG_1649


IMG_17012
Me and Judy Perez at Make it University.

IMG_1715
Fabric everywhere.


IMG_1707
Trimming and fiber everywhere.


IMG_1698
Temptation to buy things EVERYWHERE.


IMG_0443
Texture everywhere.


ghhf
Another of my favorites- Vertigo by Diane Nunez.


gh
Always one of my favorite booths -Maendeleo Imports

IMG_1772


IMG_1754
The creative duo- Jamie Fingle and Leslie Tucker Jeninson - co curators of the AMAZING exhibit- Beneath the Surface- standing in front of their work.

IMG_1752
Under Foot by Jamie Fingal

IMG_1718
SOOOO many quilts to see.

cx
My favorite part of the weekend was FINALLY meeting Linda Woods in person! Linda is one of my favorite online friends and I love everything that she does. While we have attended the same events, we keep missing each other and finally we connected in Long Beach and I am so glad! She is just as cool as I expected and I decided that she is going to be my new best friend :)


IMG_1725
Building Up by Kathy York

Overall the weekend was a great success!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails