Tuesday, June 09, 2009

NEW July Online Class!!


Recycling Remix
Starts July 13th runs for 5 weeks!

The first 10 people to register will get a  free messy journal (made by your truly of course!)

This class will completely change the way you think about everyday materials! It is jam packed with techniques, projects, ideas to incorporate a green approach and all kinds of ways to make art on a budget. For those who know me, will know that I am OBSESSED with finding new ways to redefine and use everyday materials- I strongly believe that learning to recycle and create on on a budget is a way to show respect in the art that we make.

This class will introduce you to all kinds of creative and nontraditional (and I mean nontraditional!) ways to use everyday materials, how to transform trash and things that normally get tossed (junk mail, cereal boxes, used envelopes, paper, old clothes and so much more), you will learn how to spend little to no money on supplies, inspiration in art history and lots more Everything that you learn can be applied to mixed media, fabric, paper, scrapbooking projects- regardless of the medium you work in you will be INSPIRED!

WORKSHOP FACTS:
Class starts on July 13th and runs for 5 weeks (until August 16th) you will be able to access the site 2 weeks after the last class until August 30th
Class costs $50 (thats only $10 a week!!)
Class will be held on a private blog that only registered students are able to access.
Basic computer skills are needed (be able to login, access a blog, etc)

There will be :
TONS of photos
step by step visuals
OVER 20 Video Lessons (of yours truly teaching and demoing in my studio but not in my pj's)
pdf downlaods
Lessons
tips and lots and lots of inspiration to download.

A high speed connection if definitely recommended (because of the above!)
New lessons will be posted each Monday and throughout the week there will be additional posts full of inspiration, you will have the opportunity to work on projects at your own pace.
Supplies needed are very simple, inexpensive craft items- (I strongly believe creating art should not cost a lot of money!!)
Each week will also include live and private chats AND as much email support and contacts needed.

REGISTRATION:
Payment is accepted via PayPal (if you need an exception to this please email me and let me know).
Feel free to register anytime before the last day of class which is August 16th
Refunds will be made until the first day of class July 13th. After July 13th refunds will not be given.
Once you register and pay, you will receive an email confirmation with a supply list and details and login information about the site where the the class is held.




2 comments:

jane eileen said...

I thought you might like this story. I was going through a pile of my magazines last weekend looking at two identical copies of the same magazine and marveling at why I had it twice. I knew my favorite article in it, so I went to savor it again. This time, I noticed something that hadn't caught my eye before. It was your work in Cloth paper scissors, when your work was on the cover. That explained everything. When I saw the cover again on your blog, I had to tell you. Good luck in the new step in your career.

Kathleen in PA said...

Hi Alisa and congrats on your new life! I'm pretty sure it relates to the transition, but I just wanted to make sure you did get my payment for the july class cuz I haven't gotten anything in the email from you with confirmation. If there's a problem please let me know otherwise I really look forward to hearing from you and that class!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails