Wednesday, September 07, 2016

sushi bowls

I have a serious love of sushi but our budget can't always handle spending money on going out to for lots of sushi meals. Instead I really love making deconstructed (vegi) sushi bowls. The flavors totally satisfy my cravings and are a healthy salad alternative.

INGREDIENTS:

Brown rice
Spinach
Purple cabbage
Half avocado
Shredded carrots
Diced radish
Cucumber slices
Chopped nori sheet
Crispy tofu (could also replace with fish)
Pickled ginger
Sesame seeds


There are all kinds of things you can add for more flavor- soy sauce, sriracha, wasabi but I like to mix up a little batch of sesame ginger vinaigrette.

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup sesame seed oil (or favorite oil)
2-3 tsp honey
1 tsp minced garlic
2-3 piece of pickled ginger





3 comments:

Gigi said...

A very happy anniversary to you. Remember reading on your blog somewhere that Sept 7 is your anniversary. Have a wonderful lifetime of togetherness

Kathleen Kibblehouse said...

What a great idea and super presentation! I will make the dressing ahead and do a quick assembly for a weekend meal. Thanks so much b

Anonymous said...

I really love this idea - all the flavours without the hassle or expense. I am definitely going to do this. Such a surprise to me to find I love pickled ginger!
Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails