Thursday, June 21, 2018

sheet pan chicken, sausage and peppers

I have been eating gluten free for eight months now (I will be sharing more about this journey in later posts) but the change in my diet has changed my life. But I will admit at times it can be challenging because of all the meal prep we have to do. One our favorite tricks for eating good healthy food is incorporating lots of sheet pan meals into our weekly menu. Sheet pan cooking is quick and easy prep time and the outcome is really delicious!

INGREDIENTS
8-9 chicken thighs
8 pre-cooked organic chicken sausage 
4-5 potatoes cut into quarters
2 red bell peppers sliced
2 yellow bell peppers sliced
2 orange bell peppers sliced
1 green bell pepper sliced
10 garlic cloves
2-3 TSP ghee (or preferred oil)
1 med red onion
1-2 TSP Herbes de Provence
Salt and pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 450 degrees 

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together with the avocado oil.

Make sure everything is coated with oil and seasoning.

Spread everything out on an oiled sheet pan.

Cook at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until the chicken skin is nice and brown.

Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook until the chicken is done. The time will depend on the amount of chicken. It typically takes around 45-60 minutes for 8-9 chicken thighs.

Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and enjoy!



4 comments:

BusinessFirstFamily.com said...

Chicken, sausage, and peppers is a delightfully tasty combination, and perfect for summer barbecues! I am inspired by your journey into a gluten-free diet, and it would be great to see your website feature a selection for those who are on selective diets. Eventually, you could start your own business featuring recipes that fall into specific diet categories, generating a whole new fan-base for your work. My family and I will be looking forward to tasting this recipe, and I look forward to more gluten-free options in the future!

Unknown said...

Looks great. I have Celiac Disease so I am gluten free also. I will definitely try this recipe. Thank you Alisa!❤️

Unknown said...

Thank you Alisa for this recipe. I have Celiac Disease so I am also gluten free!❤️ It looks delicious šŸ‘

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

OH yummy....this looks great! I'll definitely be trying this exactly as you've outlined!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails