Thursday, May 17, 2018

marbleized light switch cover

We have all kinds of projects and renovations planned for our home but we are also really busy! And while we wait for the right timing on all those projects, I am getting creative with temporary little tweaks and updates to the things that DRIVE ME NUTS around the house! One of the biggest things that makes me crazy is our light switch outlets and covers. They are a not so beautiful shade of 1990's taupe. Eventually they will all be replaced with all white but lets me honest, that's not happening soon. So I have been busy marbleizing all of the light switch covers in our home as a way to disguise all that  taupe!

I started by removing the covers and gave them a good cleaning. 

Next, using Easy Marble, I selected my colors. Since the light switches are also taupe, I wanted a color combo that would disguise them a bit but also select colors that fit with out living room space- white walls with lots of white, gold and neutral furniture and accents.

Easy Marble is a lightfast, quick drying paint that you can use on all kinds of surfaces. I've used a variety supplies to create a marbled effect- spray paint and nail polish and acrylic paint but Easy Marble is the best product I've tried. 

I picked white, gold and black.

I dropped colors into a pan of water and swirled the color around. 

I dipped the switch cover into the color and pulled it out!

I wanted a little more white in the surface so I used a brush and some Golden High Flow Acrylic paint to add white to some of the areas.

The result is super funky, totally unique and a great way to cover up our light switches until we renovate and replace them! I'm slowly making my way room by room marbling the covers in a variety of different colors.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic idea!
—Shanna

Helgadeb said...

Ok! I went to Amazon and ordered some Easy Marble! Can’t wait.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails