Thursday, April 27, 2017

kale berry salad


Kale is a big part of my diet and I am always looking for ways to make it exciting. One of my favorite salad combos is kale with berries. The sweet berries mixed with the earthy flavor of the kale is delicious way to get your daily greens!

INGREDIENTS:

Chopped kale
Raspberries
Blackberries
Cucumbers
Chia seeds
Crumbled feta
Pecans
Olive oil

TIP: Use a little bit of olive oil on your hands and massage it through the kale. This will take away the bitterness and turn that kale soft and sweet! You can also get the same result by tossing the kale in olive oil and letting it sit over night.

Dressing:
4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons honey
squeeze of lemon
pinch of salt and pepper


5 comments:

Unknown said...

What an interesting taste combination - really looking forward to trying this.

Anonymous said...

Kale yeah! I'll definitely try this. My fave combo is kale w/avocado squished in (and a squeeze of lemon when I remember), then add farro, pepitas and really good blueberries or grapes. Or go southwestern and add black beans, corn, red peppers and tomatoes. I LOVE KALE! = )

Anonymous said...

Kale yeah! I'll try this combo for sure. My fave is kale squished with avocado, then add farro, pepitas, cucumber and really good blueberries or grapes. Or go southwestern and add corn, black beans, bell peppers and tomatoes. I LOVE kale. = )

val d’iya said...

Your photos of salad are always very pretty and appetizing

Crystal K. said...

I made this today. I forgot to add the cucumber and substituted strawberries for raspberries. I also added some thinkly sliced romaine lettuce. It's very good. Thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails