Friday, September 26, 2014

fashion friday- leather fold over clutch


A girl can never have too many clutch purses. Recently I created a simple fold over clutch from scrap leather.
I started with a piece of scrap leather. (You can actually purchase scraps of leather from a variety of craft stores or can hunt for untreated leather jackets or purses at thrift stores that can be cut up and used). 

Next I cut the leather to size- for my clutch I used a large rectangle that I folded in half and then folded again.

I used my wood burning tool to add a floral pattern to the portion of the clutch that folds over. And yes, wood burning tools or a pyrography tool will work on leather. I actually used the backside of my piece of leather. 

Keep in mind that using vegetable-tanned leather or suede with an unfinished surface is best.

The last step was to sew the clutch. I simply sewed up both sides and them turned it right side out.


And there you have it... a simple little boho clutch!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails