Friday, September 26, 2014

fashion friday- leather fold over clutch


A girl can never have too many clutch purses. Recently I created a simple fold over clutch from scrap leather.
I started with a piece of scrap leather. (You can actually purchase scraps of leather from a variety of craft stores or can hunt for untreated leather jackets or purses at thrift stores that can be cut up and used). 

Next I cut the leather to size- for my clutch I used a large rectangle that I folded in half and then folded again.

I used my wood burning tool to add a floral pattern to the portion of the clutch that folds over. And yes, wood burning tools or a pyrography tool will work on leather. I actually used the backside of my piece of leather. 

Keep in mind that using vegetable-tanned leather or suede with an unfinished surface is best.

The last step was to sew the clutch. I simply sewed up both sides and them turned it right side out.


And there you have it... a simple little boho clutch!


17 comments:

Joan Princing Art said...

This IS SPECTACULAR!!!!! Love it. You should definitely offer these for sale!!

Meghan Thimjon said...

I love this! Your creativity is utterly amazing!!!

Giggles said...

Gorgeous!!

livethegoldenrule said...

Very clever, as usual !! Just beautiful !! ;D

Bonita Rose said...

so stunning.. I agree you should sell these... ppl would buy them!

Unknown said...

Love this clutch, I'm with the others, you should offer for sale. You are so gifted with talent!

lia said...

Sempre bravissima!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Realny! I'm so ♡!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. xox

Elizabeth said...

this again is great.

studioGypsy said...

gorgeous!! xo

VV said...

It is really beautiful !

LILANET said...

I love it.. Definitivamente i do it. In love for you art.

naturalpleasuresfloral said...

Love this....so beautiful.

I robot del spooner jacket said...

it is really lovely and beautiful images and leather collections.

Jess B. said...

beautifully designed. Gonna give it a try! TFS

loucreations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails