Tuesday, August 13, 2013

doodle bowls

Drawing on china and dinnerware is nothing new but I love the process! It is a perfect way to create unique and artistic plates, cups and bowls that make wonderful gifts. My favorite thing to use are tiny bowls that can be adorned with doodles and then used around the home to hold small things. 

While there are a lot of tutorials floating around about using a Sharpie on dinnerware (and then baking in the oven to set), I've found that the Sharpie technique doesn't hold up to washing and wear and tear. My favorite pen to use for decorating dinnerware is the Pebo Porcelaine 150. It is non toxic pen that is permanent and dishwasher safe once heat set.

Simply draw on dinnerware, let dry for 24 hours and then bake in the oven for 30 minutes.


earrings from Polished Two


16 comments:

Liz said...

Looks great!

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moois van mie said...

they are great as usual.
I also have those porcelain markers and some dishes waiting to be drawn at, but they are in my cupboard for more than a year now. I want to make so much that I always have a long list of things to do and a lot of material waiting to use :)
I hope mine will be as beautiful as your's when I finally start with it !

jabbott said...

You have inspired me to try this one day soon x

schulmanart said...

this is so fabulous. I absolutely love your blog. If the pen comes in blue I am definitely trying this-- where do you get the plains bowls???

Anonymous said...

bake at what temperature?

Caleen said...

You can make Anything look fabulous! Love it! ��

kelly barton said...

oh i am in love with these.
and a little mad that i got rid of
some of my porcelain pens and paints!
dang it. time to head to michaels!

and did i spy a little pop of stars and color!
love that!

xoxo

Jane said...

I am amazed how you turn something so simple into something special. What size pen do you suggest for this type of project. Also, where to get bowls.
Jane

obat penis loyo said...



thanks for the information very useful

Julie said...

Do you have any tips for using these paint pens? I got a few last year, but never got any of them to flow properly, even with the appropriate prep, so I wasn't able to use them :(

Andria said...

These are great, Alisa! I think the simple dots are my favorite.

Karin said...

What a great idea I'm excited! So beautiful!

Greetings Karin

Unknown said...

These dishes are fantastic! What an excellent idea. I am definitely inspired to try this at home. I'll be stopping into my local Dick Blick this weekend to score a couple of those cool porcelain pens.

Thanks for the awesome idea!
Susan

alexa said...

Again, just stunning! Your work never fails to excite and inspire me!

studioGypsy said...

absolute.love
! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails