Tuesday, March 22, 2011

embellished shoulders tutorial

IMG_5734
I am loving the current fashion of trend of embellished shoulders. I am seeing it everywhere and I think it is a fun way to wear a little bling. And of course I had to come up with an easy way to create my own!


embellish

IMG_8746
I started with a black jersey tunic


IMG_8747
and used my new favorite Tulip product- Beads in a Bottle. A little like puff paint but once the paint dries is hardens up and feels and looks like beads on the surface. It is machine washable and permanent.
Beads in a Bottle is brand new and will hit stores next month!

IMG_8751
I used lots of dots and shapes to embellish the surface of the shoulders.


IMG_8754

IMG_8755

IMG_8757


IMG_5693

I let it dry over night and just like that I have a new fun embellished tee!


IMG_5743 copy
alisa-burke

18 comments:

Nathan and Aimee said...

That is so cute. I thought they were actually beads at first!

Kay said...

wow..that is so cool! I will have to look for this product when it comes out!

jgr said...

SO cool! Now- I can't WAIT to get some of these. Thank you as always for your inspiration!

beka*b said...

That's awesome! Such great results (even better than those examples you shared, if I might say)... Hope I can get hold of 'Beads in a Bottle' locally when it is released - any suggestions where I can find out?

---
http://gingerurchin.blogspot.com

Vickie said...

That looks so cute on you and you did such a nice job. I'm going to have to try it.

Jessi Bishop-Royse said...

LOVE IT!! I wish my hand and my technique were this good... I always manage to drag my hand through or put way too much on!!

whyducks said...

Lovely!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

I love the look of this product. It looks like you have spent hours sewing beads on.
Lee:)

Bonita Rose said...

love this... will hv to look for this once it comes out.. lucky you for playing with it all earlier than the rest of us! xo

" me " said...

very beautiful!!!

HollyM said...

good idea and very pretty! I'm thinking about it now.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That's super cool! What a neat product. I'll be looking for it and spreading the word.

Alyssa said...

Awesome! I am going to make one! I thought at first they were be-jeweled or something! :D

Tracie said...

freakin' adorable!

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

Great look!
You are very creative, wonderful design on the blouse :]

Beads said...

The really look like beads. We're going to have to add that to our stock!!

Jenny Stevning said...

So doable! I love it!!!

The Craft-Arty Kid said...

Wow that beads in a bottle stuff looks awesome! The shirt turned out great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails