Wednesday, May 05, 2010

refashioned flower vest


According to one of my favorite daily reads- whowhatwear.com -3D flowers are all the rage this spring (though I could have told you that!) Everything from applique flowers to raised rosets on shirts, skirts and accessories- dimensional florals are everywhere. Inspired by this trend report, I decided to create yet another tutorial using (once again) the easy fabric rolled roses!


I decided to transform a jersey cardigan (I am obsessed with them and have a lots!) and this was one that I accidently washed in hot water and put in the dryer- sadly it shrunk- but I decided it would make a GREAT vest.


I started by cutting off the sleeves...


and the bottom to make a short vest.


Using the fabric from the sleeves and the and bottom, I created lots and lots of flowers.



I glued (with fabric glue) all of the roses on both edges of the vest.








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails