Saturday, May 22, 2010

the evolution of an idea

IMG_0349
Remember my last post? Well I wasn't kidding about looking for inspiration around me and applying it to my own work! My weekends are often spent dyeing and painting fabric for the week and today I just had to create a few yards of fabric and a purse inspired by my peacock experience at the zoo yesterday. I thought it would be fun to show you what I call "the evolution of an idea" with the hope to you inspire you to go out and look for your own muse! And no this doesn't mean go paint peacock feathers- it means turn the computer off and take a break from surfing websites and blogs for inspiration (thats me using a tough love approach) and go search for the things that make you swoon, that give you butterflies or goosebumps, make your heart skip a beat or simply excite you.

Regardless of the medium that you create in (drawing, painting, scrapbooking, art journaling, photography, quilting, sewing, home decorating, cooking....) challenge yourself to search for unique inspiration- it will spark fresh ideas and bring authenticity to everything you create!


IMG_6465
Out of the 250 photos that I took of the peacocks yesterday, this one was my favorite. I really liked the blurry bright green leaf that is obscuring the right side of the photo and since what I am often looking for is color inspiration, I was drawn to the electric green paired with the blues and I knew that this photo would be great to loosely base my abstract and whimsical fabric on.


Here is how it all evolves-

IMG_6632

IMG_6557

IMG_6558

IMG_6597

IMG_6604

IMG_6602

IMG_6613

IMG_6614

IMG_0351

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails