Wednesday, April 28, 2010

inspiration: oregon coast paths & trails

In 5th grade I had to memorize the poem The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost (not an easy poem!) and to this day it is one of my favorites AND I cannot walk by a trail or a path without repeating it to myself. The last few weeks in Oregon have been spent outside and something that is quite common in this area are little trails carved into wind swept sand dunes, up the sides of mountains, winding through forests, along side streams and in backyards. I couldn't resist photographing and sharing some of my favorites paths and trails.



Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both


And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could



To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim


Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there


Had worn them really about the same
And both that morning equally lay


In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!



Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.


I shall be telling this with a sigh


Somewhere ages and ages hence:


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,





I took the one less traveled by,


And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost


20 comments:

indie grrrl said...

LOVELY!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Incredible Alisa! You had me all teary eyed...with a smile!!

Mandy said...

beutiful...xxx

Kristin Ann said...

I love that poem, too. Your photos are an inspiring match.

Sondra said...

Wonderful post, as always.

Kelly Warren said...

one of my all time favorite poems. beautiful shots!

susie carranza said...

beautiful!

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Lovely! What a good idea for a blog post.

Melanie said...

"I took the one less traveled by,/ And that has made all the difference."
Lovely images and a lovely poem :)

Alison said...

That is so beautiful - the photos and the way you matched the photos so perfectly. Thank you!

Janet Ghio said...

I haven't read that poem in a long time. Your photos are wonderful with it!!

Krista said...

By far one of my favorite poems!! Lovely pictures too...I am always drawn to paths and trails.

britt said...

absolutely beautiful pictures!

Laura said...

This is my favorite poem and I love the pictures you posted with it.
I stumbled upon your beautiful blog only two days ago and bookmarked it immediately. Keep on being that georgous!

A'n'G Johnson said...

I love the pairings of the photos.. they went well with each segment of the poem!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alisa, I loved this poem I have not heard it before. I also enjoyed how you did the layout with the pathways. Thanks for sharing. Bev x

HollyM said...

I had to do the same poem. It is also a favorite, though I don't remember it all. How lovely with the pictures.

Lindy and Paul said...

Sigh... I love that poem, and I love Oregon, and your photography, too. What a beautiful combination.

Margaret Applin said...

Oh that is soooo beautiful! Your photos are amazing!!

Randi Nervig said...

I thought I knew that poem but realized as I read it here that I had totally mis-remembered it. Thanks for the visuals to go with it. I love your blog - it's the first one I read every day and I always say "Oh good, let's see what Alisa is up to today." So much inspiration, so many good ideas. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails