Sunday, March 14, 2010

another birthday has come and gone

I am happy to report that another birthday has come and gone and I am so pleased that my "birthday requests" were listened to by loved ones. As practical (and boring) as the requests sounded to my family, they respected my need to have the kind of birthday celebration that I TRULY wanted- no expensive dinners or gifts! Instead I got a much anticipated shopping spree at IKEA for some new things in the house, moved furniture around in the living room, assisted my husband in hanging new curtains and rolling out a giant new area rug, slept in, organized and cleaned out my closet, received and read lots of fashion magazines, ate a fabulous home cooked meal with family, and consumed lots and lots of cream puffs for dessert (and for breakfast this morning and maybe a few at lunch).
So far, being thirty-five is pretty good.

19 comments:

Liz Howell said...

sounds like an awesome one--happy belated birthday chica--keep creating!

Dianne said...

Glad you had a nice birthday.

nacherluver said...

Cute pic! 35 looks brilliant on you! Glad your B-day was everything you hoped :)

Elaine said...

oh myyyyy. That sounds like a dreamy and wonderfully perfect way to spend a birthday! I can't wait until I have my own place so I can buy all sorts of cute things to rearrange at my leisure. <3

you are wonderful!
Happy Birthday!

Kelly Berkey said...

sounds like the perfect day! hugs,
kelly

Mary said...

a perfect way to celebrate!!
Happy Birthday!!
Oh, loved the dresses you altered!!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Alisa...You are in for quite a ride...It only gets BETTER!! Happy Birthday!

Yvette said...

the morning after is ok?
no headage?

love
yvette

Jen xo said...

Happy Birthday.... sounds like it was perfect...

linda said...

aweee, happy belated birthday and I'm glad to hear it was such a great time with friends and family. it's so nice to be able to have a chill but fun time :)

Unknown said...

I turned 42 on Friday and I have to say its not too bad : )

JB Tucker said...

Happy birthday! I really admire your work!

gerri newfry said...

happy birthday alisa! it sounds like it was great!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday You look Fabulous Dah-ling

Jill said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like a lovely, peaceful day.

Cindy (JunqueArt) said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Kristin Dudish said...

I'm glad your birthday was everything you had hoped for.

Wishing you a magical year with LOTS of continued success...

enjoy.

p.s. I'm 35 too :)

Contessa Kris said...

That sounds like a fabulous birthday to me! Happy happy birthday! May this be your best year yet.

Suzanne said...

How fun to plan your own birthday! Perhaps you've inspired many women out there to do the same. Wouldn't the world be a lot better if we just told people what we wanted, rather than trying to send it out via ESP, which of course, never works!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails