Friday, May 30, 2008

You'll Have to Pardon Me- I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!


So I received the advance copy of my book in the mail yesterday and I am so excited- in fact I woke up at 3am and could not go back to sleep...just thinking about this crazy journey- it is a lot to think about!! And while I try really hard not to take myself too seriously when it comes to my life as an artist- I cannot help but feel as if this is one of those moments that I have waited for (right up there with my first gallery showing!!)- for a long, long, long time- I have spent the last 15 years running after a dream- a dream of being an artist, of sharing this amazing joy that I have for the creative process with others. All this time I have sacrificed a normal career in order to have time and energy to paint and pursue my creative endeavors, I have an education in art that will never get me a 6 figure job, I have been rejected AND embraced...all a part of being an artist. Today I feel empowered and full of hope that this journey is all worth it- all of the struggles and moments of uncertainty, hard work and consistent time spent with my hands in paint chasing after a dream...I wouldn't have it any other way!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails