Monday, August 03, 2015

blue china inspired mugs

When my friends over at iLoveToCreate asked if I would try out their new PaintedbyMe markers and mugs, I was over the moon! As many of you know, I am pretty darn picky about the products I promote here on the blog but I am so excited about these markers and mugs.  FINALLY a permanent, FDA-approved, food safe marker is available (this is kinda a big deal)! This means everyone is easily able to decorate and bake unique personalized mugs that are food, dishwasher and microwave safe at home.
There are 13 colors of markers available, a variety of mugs to choose from and they even offer stencils to use on the mugs. 

I decided to wanted to make a pair of blue china inspired mugs- one for me and one as a gift for my mom to use when we have our monthly business meetings.

The process is as simple as shaking up the marker and holding down the pen to get it flowing. Then you can get creative drawing, writing or doodling!

I started by drawing flowers. 
Note: If you make a mistake or want to start over, you can clean the mug off with rubbing alcohol.

Once the entire surface was filled with blue flowers I added little touches of gold here and there.

The last step was to bake the mug in the oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. 
The blue mug is for me and I created a turquoise mug for my mom that I will be filling with her favorite herbal tea and goodies.

With a little creativity and a few simple supplies, it is SUPER easy to make personalized ceramics at home!



19 comments:

Maya Kuzman said...

I am absolutely taken by how beautiful your mugs are! I need to do something with my white pottery and this is amazing inspiration! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Those mugs look stunning!

Astridka said...

I love it!
Astrid

Jill said...

Wow! I love these mugs... and I do need some new ones. Sounds like a fun project!

Michelle P said...

Beautiful design! I'm curious, can these markers be used safely on other pieces or do they react specifically with the I love to create mugs? I don't really need more mugs but would love to do some bowls or platters 😊

Stephanie said...

Great mugs! And I am so excited about this product -- great projects for my kiddos

studioGypsy said...

whoohoooo!! and sooo gorgeous!! xoxo

Jo Murray said...

Clever!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

peggy gatto said...

Love, love these!!
thanks for the info!!!

charmystique said...

This is gorgeous, what a great gift idea!

http://charmystique.com/

Clare said...

These are beautiful. My son, 2 daughter like friends work for ILovetoCreate . . .so this post caught my eye. I may have to give this a try.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Mery said...

iLoveToCreate products can be purchased from Spain? Sent to Spain?

TwinkleToes2day said...

A friend of mine has done a superb rendition of the photo of you at the top of this post Alisa. I think it is fabulous and I suspect you will be happy to be such a great inspiration for her art.
http://froebelsternchen.blogspot.co.at/2015/09/t-stands-for-cool-tea.html
:D

Embroidery digitizing services said...

Our Customization Department is seeking applicants that are experienced in Embroidery Digitizing and Embroidery work.

China Products said...

We provide you a huge range of online China products in UK. Our vision is to give you comfort for all fields of life. Everything would be at your on click.

cheap clothes for women said...

Crossweave is an Australian on-line apparel store caters for both men and women.We offer affordable casual clothing with compromising quality.

China Products said...

We provide you a huge range of online China products in UK. Our vision is to give you comfort for all fields of life. Everything would be at your on click.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails