Wednesday, May 06, 2015

sun print gift boxes

One of my favorite projects once the sun comes out is to create sun prints with nature paper. Last year I created sun printed fabric with acrylic paint (a great shortcut) but using nature paper- sun sensitive paper- is so easy and a wonderful project for all ages! 

I purchased my nature paper HERE. It comes with 30 sheets of paper.
To make a sun print place a piece of the paper on top of cardboard (I like to pin mine down to keep things from blowing away).
Next, place objects from nature on the paper. I use a piece of glass over the top to keep my objects in place. 
Place in the sun for 2 minutes.
Remove objects and soak in water for 1 minute and then let dry.
As the paper dries it will darken and leave a beautiful imprint of the objects.

The process is so easy and addicting. The best part is that you can use the prints in a variety of collage and paper projects. One of my favorite ways to use them is making pretty little gift boxes.

I use paper mache boxes and covered them with the sun prints. You can use any kind of glue but I really prefer to use gel medium.

Last, I used paint on the edges and inside of the boxes.

The result is a unique little gift box perfect for a special occasion!




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails