Summer is right around the corner and I've got some fun learning opportunities available and this year I am trying something new. I know that summer can be a busy time of year with kids out of school, vacations and getting outside, it can be challenging to fit in time for online learning. So I have created what I call "micro classes"- small classes focussed on one topic. I think it is the perfect solution for those of you with a busy summer schedule but are still looking for inspiration and an excuse to create. The best part is that I have created these classes for all ages so everything that I teach can be used with kids, adults or even both together!
Each micro class is designed to teach you something very specific. Like the rest of my classes they pack a PUNCH! With demo videos, photos, prompts and downloads, each class is designed to give you a burst of inspiration and creativity.
Class goes live July 6th
A mandala is typically a circular form with a center point with all kinds of shapes and symbols emerging from the center. Creating mandalas are one of my favorite ways to get lost in the process of drawing. In this class I will be sharing my own techniques, tricks and tips for creating all kinds of different mandalas from a variety of materials.
MAKE YOUR MARK
Class goes live July 27
There are so many unique ways to make marks in your artwork and they are one of my favorite ways to add texture, pattern and interest to my surfaces. Make Your Mark is a fun little class all about using a variety of tools and materials to create unique marks. I will be sharing how to look for inspiration, painting with your hands, working expressively, using non traditional materials, layering and more. This class is sure to inspire you to look at mark making in a completely different way!
Class goes live August 10th
Like many of you out there, I am obsessed with washi and decorative tapes and I use them in all kinds of different ways. In this class I will be sharing a variety of unexpected ways to put that pretty tape to use in your art journals, mixed media projects, drawings and paintings.
Class goes live August 24th
There is nothing more important in my work than creating a really dynamic background and over the years I have developed and sharpened my skills when it comes to creating backgrounds. Beautiful Backgrounds is a little class where I am sharing my favorite techniques and materials for creating a really great background. From painting with watercolors, acrylics to using collage materials I will share my secrets for creating a really great background!
Individual classes each cost $15 or purchase the "Summer Bundle" at $50.00 to receive a $10 savings! And for the rest of the month of May I am offering an early bird discount of an additional $5 off.
register for bundle HERE
Head on over to my shop HERE to view all of my class offerings!
ABOUT MY ONLINE CLASSES:
There are many online workshops out there at different prices with different content. Back in 2009, when I decided to offer an online learning option, I set out to create a structure that is similar to taking a "live" class from me. My mission is to provide an affordable class with a learning environment where you are watching lots of demos, learning techniques and then creating on your own art.
- I have three different structures of online classes:
Large Class: These classes are $50 and have 5 HUGE lessons that include videos, photos, written information, prompts and more. My large format classes dive deep into a variety of techniques, projects and information.
Mini Class: My mini classes cost $30 and have 3 HUGE lessons that include videos, photos, written information, prompts and more.
Micro Class: These classes cost $15 and have 1 HUGE lesson that includes videos, photos, written information, prompts and more.
- My classes are a combination of video learning (with demos, techniques and me talking) and lots of photo steps outs of inspiration, techniques and process.
- All classes are all filmed in my studio. Since 2009 I have been tweaking my gear and my process with the hope that video/photo content gets better and better. My #1 goal is to provide inspiring lessons and visuals that are easy to understand.
- My classes do NOT have a required supply list. Instead I share the supplies that I like to use and then give you a variety of options and inspiration to use supplies that work best for your process and your budget.
- All of my classes have unlimited access which means that once you register you can create and access at any time and work at your own pace. Whenever I "release" a new class- I release each lesson "live". Many people enjoy working in this format, as the lessons are posted each week but once all information gets posted there is unlimited time to access everything. I have found that some people prefer to work along with the live format when I release a new class, while others will wait months until they have the time, money and the schedule to register for the class. Either way works- just know that once you are in- there is no deadline or pressure to create.