Thursday, May 14, 2015

studying under the masters online class

It's pretty rare to find me copying art- part of my creative practice is typically keeping my blinders on and not looking at other artists- but I'm teaching for Jeanne Oliver's online class Studying Under the Masters- a 6 week course where 6 talented instructors are sharing the life, history, techniques and work of their favorite artists. I'm teaching all about Jean-Michel Basquiat. I will be talking about how discovering the work of Basquiat when I was a 21 year old art major changed my life forever. I will be teaching and painting in his style, even replicating one of his paintings and sharing how I've applied his inspiration to my own work!

So if you are interesting in learning about neo-expressionism and early postmodern painting or are looking for a really unique class, you can follow the link below to sign up!




CLASS INFORMATION:

There is a lost art of studying the works of others to find your own style. All of the "masters" were first apprentices. The apprentice sat beside the "masters", listening to their process, paintbrush in hand, mixing paint, creating strokes that told a story, and stirred their creative spirit.

Have you ever taken an online course, gone to a retreat, purchased an art technique book and were taught an artist's techniques and mediums?  Have you ever been worried about what is your style and what is "their" style?  Have you ever been afraid to create art that was inspired by another artist?  This course is for you!

Join six artists as we become the “apprentice”. Through discussion and technique videos, each artist will share their week with a “master”. You’ll learn who their “master” artist studied under, who influenced their work and what techniques and mediums they used.


An integral part of the artistic process was to “copy” the master artist.  In this course, you will watch as these artists practice using the works of another artist. They will share what techniques they learned and what they learned about their own creative process.  You will then learn as they create art in their own style incorporating the techniques and/or medium of their chosen artist. 


Register now for $82 by clicking on the paypal button below or head on over to Jeanne's creative network for more information HERE

After you have paid from the above link  go to jeanneoliver.ning.com and register on the site where the course is held. 

9 comments:

Laura Laws said...

Here is a link I found to a book illustrated by him with words by Maya Angelou for children. I thought of you when I saw it. You probably already know about it, but if not I thought this was something you may wish to share with your daughter.

Laura Laws said...

I forgot the links from my message prior: http://www.brainpickings.org/2013/05/03/life-doesnt-frighten-me-maya-angelou-basquiat/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+brainpickings/rss+(Brain+Pickings) and https://www.pinterest.com/pin/562105597218532100/

Jual Baju Muslim Pria said...

Cool picture...
Love it.

Jual Baju Muslim Pria

Mobile App Developers said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

shubham sapkal said...



gujarat 10th class result 2015
GSEB SSC result 2015 check online
surat ssc result 2015

Unknown said...

Short SMS Messages for Father’s Day


Short Quotes for Fathers Day


Fathers Day Short Quotes


Fathers Dy Quotes for my Dad


Love Quotes for Fathers Day


Short Sms for Fathers Day


Fathers Day Sms

Unknown said...

I really liked this part of the article. with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know... you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this. Success for you............. ...... ..... ...                        

Unknown said...

I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know... you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this, Success for you...driver canon

Smadav 2018 said...

I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know... you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this, Success for you. offline installer filehippo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails