Friday, May 15, 2015

studio style

When you work for yourself and by yourself, (and on the occasions when you do work with others- it's your mom and husband) it is really tempting to spend all day every day in pajamas. I love fashion but many mornings I have to talk myself into getting dressed. I do it anyway and always end up feeling so much better and like a regular working girl.

While I have a very non traditional job and schedule, I do work every day- some days I am filming classes, other days I am painting, creating DIY projects, taking photos and often my to do list involves making a mess. This can make picking out clothing really tricky because I still want to look put some what put together while not worrying about ruining my clothing! 

Here is what works for me:

I have two types of clothing in my closet- things with paint and things without paint. A lot of my painting clothes are normal, as in they are nice or cute things that just happen to have paint on them. I wear these things when I am making art or creating projects. All my other clothing (without paint) is reserved for filming, running around town, taking photos and anything else that doesn't involve paint! 

I like hats- A LOT! Living on the Oregon Coast makes styling your hair kinda tricky (hello rain and wind) and if I am being honest, there is really no need for me to spend lots of time on my hair. I almost always throw on a hat when I am heading to work because it cuts my time getting ready in half. I still can look put together while venturing out into the ever changing weather. 

I have a big collection of aprons and I love each and every one of them. My aprons help keep me clean (kind of). They have actually become one of my favorite accessories!

I always keep a fresh change of clothes in my studio. I can make a mess, like a really big one and if I need to run errands during the day, I like to change my messy clothes.

What about you guys? What do you wear when you are creating?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails